Our Creative Team is looking for a passionate, experienced, mid-senior-level graphic designer, with a focus in digital product design.
Anthroware is a growing custom software shop with mastery in design, engineering, and product strategy. We operate as an agile team and are obsessed with bringing premium service and value to our customers. Our standards at the intersection of design and killer engineering are really high. Our team is comprised of practice area experts—you will be working with the best. If you love working with people that are as smart or smarter than you and want to work with highly qualified experts on really cool projects, then please apply!
The Successful Digital Product Designer Candidate will possess:
- 5+ years experience in graphic design, preferrably with a focus on digital product design, demonstrated by a portfolio of solid work across various projects and platforms (both digital and physical)
- High-level strategic thinking skills, supported by a deep but broad understanding of graphic design, UX/UI, typography and brand identity systems
- An ability to work at a high-level with a good deal of autonomy, while maintaining an awareness of timelines and sequencing across multiple projects
- Ambition and initiative to see that projects succeed
- Experience working with product owners, UX specialists, business strategists, software engineers, project managers, and clients, in developing complex and innovative UI solutions with the common goal of consistently delivering exceptional products
- Strong presentation skills and confidence to articulate design decisions both internally and to clients, in a compelling manner that lends valuable insight into proposed solutions — with the ability to integrate feedback and iterate
- Fluency in current industry-standard design and prototyping tools, with an eye toward emergent tools and technologies
- Thoughtfulness, curiosity, maturity, positivity, humility, flexibility...and a bold vision of one's vocation as a designer
Required Education & Technical Skills:
- B.A. in design or B.A. in design-related field
- 5+ Years experience
- Mid-to-senior-level mastery of UI and brand design
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (CC), InVision, and Sketch
- Knowledge of other relevant state-of-the-art screen design & animation programs a plus (Flinto, Principle, After Effects, etc.)
- Great communication skills and the desire to fit into the Anthroware family
Our team members don’t stop at requirements and skills. What separates ideal candidates are the less measurable aspects of their skillset.
Project and time management:
Every person at Anthroware works to ensure that a project will be completed on time and under budget. They will be very clear in setting expectations with the project stakeholders to explain what will be delivered and when it will be delivered. They will ensure that project team members understand the project requirements and timeframes and provide the leadership necessary for their team to succeed. We are all responsible for the success of the projects. Tactfully, we affect delivery outcomes by being personally accountable for our commitments.
The UI Designer with the above capacity will be valued and promoted as a practice area expert. Depending on the project, the UI Designer may function as a project lead or as a team member under the leadership of a project manager. The UI Designer could help estimate projects, write documentation for design aspects of projects, and manage certain aspects of projects. We value creativity and conceptual thinking and are looking for someone that can riff well with our team. Lastly, the UI Designer is expected to learn about the technology aspect of Anthroware so that we can best serve the clients in our target markets. This may include additional personal learning to become familiar with Anthroware’s software development lifecycle (SDLC), SaaS model and pricing (as many of our clients are looking at SaaS solutions), and other technology industry specific topics.
At Anthroware we view our creative team as an integral part of our offering as a company; one of our 3 cores. Anthroware will support a controlled growth of the Creative Team as we bring in new business.
We are hiring for our headquarters in Asheville, NC.